On each Monday, school commences at the regular time of 8:50am (students should arrive no later than 8:45am) and finishes at 2.55pm.
The Monday afternoon lesson from 1:50-2:55pm aims to support students to cross the line of opportunity. Some students will be permitted to leave school at 1.20pm to engage in Independent Study on Monday only. These are students who are not required by the school or their parents to remain at school for 'UPLIFT' personalised learning as outlined below.
The Monday afternoon lesson from 1:50-2:55pm aims to support students to cross the line of opportunity. The following students will be required to engage in UPLIFT:
1. All Year 7 students will engage in AMAYDA empowerment and anti-bullying program (year-long program).
2. Students in Years 8-12 who have been identified as requiring extra assistance with literacy, numeracy, academic, engagement, positive behaviour development and well-being support (program length will be week 3-9 of each term, with minimum of one weeks' notice provided).
3. Other academic reasons including completion of exams (minimum of one weeks' notice will be provided).
Additionally, students can be required to attend an 'UPLIFT' personalised learning option at the request of their family. The option to remain at school in an 'UPLIFT' personalised learning option is a term long commitment. A list of the 'UPLIFT' personalised learning options provided on campus are listed below:
· Independent supervised study (a term commitment)
· Well-being program (a term commitment)
· Career education (a term commitment)
Students who are required to remain on campus to engage in one of the 'UPLIFT' personalised learning options will be required to register their attendance by scanning their ID card.
*Please be aware there is no obligation on a school to provide supervision for students permitted to depart at 1:20pm on Monday.
Tuesday to Friday
School commences at the regular time of 8:50am (students should arrive no later than 8:45am) and finishes at 2:55pm.