Years 7, 8 and 9
Junior school curriculum
Students engaged in the Junior School phase are encouraged to explore a range of learning areas and access opportunities to personalise their learning. Students will study the following Core Subjects:
- Health and Physical Education/Academy Excellence Programs (Futsal/Volleyball)
Students will also select from the following Elective Subjects:
- Arts: Art, Media Art, Music, Dance, Drama
- Technology: Information and Communication Technology, Industrial Design and Technology, Food Studies
- LOTE: Japanese.
For more information, please refer to our Junior School Course Guides.
Students in Years 7 and 9 will participate in the National Assessment Plan - Literacy and Numeracy (NAPLAN). For more information about tests, please refer to the NAPLAN Brochure.
Students may also participate by application in one or more Academy Program of Excellence to provide opportunity to consolidate and excel in an area of demonstrated interest and aptitude. These include:
- NEXUS (Mathematics/Science - studied as core subjects)
- Sting Sports Academy (Volleyball/Futsal - studied as HPE practical component)
- Ignite Dance Academy (Extra-curricular program only).
For more information please refer to the
Excellence Program page.
Shailer Park State High School offers students a tutorial program, facilitated by experienced teachers, on a weekly basis. For more information, please refer to the school's CAST Program and Timetable.